Skip to main content

Florida Family Vacation 08/2011

8 pm was the time we finally got on the NJ turnpike heading to good old Florida!! I was ecstatic, I couldn't even sleep! I worked all day and thought of sleeping a bit, since my husband had finished work earlier & slept during the afternoon. There was nothing I could do to fall asleep, so I tried to take some pictures. It was dark & there was a lightning storm on the horizon, so I tried to get a shot of the lightning.

Not great, but I got something. By 3am my hubby had enough so I took over. I drove until 6am, and I know it was only 3 hours but I was exhausted! I couldn't wait for the sun to rise since I was beginning to see double. I drank a bottle of the 5 hour energy, but that did nothing for me! Finally at 6, we stopped for gas and hubby took over again, and I took more pics:)

We arrived at my dad's house at 2pm. I was so glad to be there :D We changed and jumped right in the pool.

We spent the night at my sister's house, then the next morning we went back to my dad's for more pool time! Sunday night we went back to my sister's and then Monday morning we had breakfast, Kat played with my sis' pet pig-LOL, yes a pet pig-and then we were off to Hialeah to see my grandparents.

This is turning out to be a multiple post trip report, so I've decided to ad links to each post below. Links will become active as I complete each post.

2-South Miami Fun
3-Larios Lunch
4-More Beach & Zoo Trip
5-Back to WPB & goodbyes :(


Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Detour!!!!

So we are up & out of my dad's house by 7am.  It was hard and I tried to leave quickly, my poor baby girl even cried-I felt soooo bad for her.  Usually I'm the only one crying, but she really didn't want to leave :(  So,  we said goodbye-hope to be back soon (permanently) and we drove off!
About an hour out, we stopped for breakfast and had to practically make a run for it, LOL! There were like 20 buses full of kids!! By the time we got inside, the Dunkin Doughnuts line was like a mile long-ugh, there goes my coffee!  So we had no other choice but to eat burgers at Wendy's, everything else had super long lines that we didn't want to wait on!
We grabbed our burgers and left.  A little while later Laz asks me if I want to stop at Clearwater Aquarium.  At this point, I'm not 100% sure-I was sad about leaving & felt like just being home to calculate & come up with good, concrete reasons to move to Florida.  On the other hand, I really wasn't looking…

New Week~New Program

Here we go!!  I took a week off to regroup and decide what to do next.  I really have to say that having Beach Body on Demand is the BEST!!!

There are so many programs and nutrition plans to follow.  So since I recently completed Transform 20, I was thinking of doing it again, but I've been curious about 80 Day Obsession for quite some time.  I haven't attempted this program because at first, I felt it wasn't for me.  The workouts are longer than I'm used to and the timed nutrition is challenging for me, but I finally let curiosity get the best of me.  I'm going to give it a shot!

I started Sunday with my meal prep!  I was a bit overwhelmed at first, but I followed the sample nutrition plan and was able to get my shopping list and meals put together.

So for my first week, I have every meal planned out.  Not prepared, since I'd rather make my eggs for breakfast fresh each morning.  Most of my meals have been prepped!

My days are set to begin at 4:30AM with my sh…

Weekend Trip to Niagara Falls, Canada~Part 2

Here is our 2nd day in Niagara Falls.  We started our morning with breakfast in the hotel restaurant.  After breakfast we headed over to Marineland.  This park was nothing spectacular, but it was a nice little trip.  We saw a dolphin show, saw several other animals, killer whales, fed Beluga whales and rode 1 or 2 rides.  Again, nothing spectacular but it was fun.  A lot of walking, and our favorite part was feeding the beluga whales - they were so cute!
The dolphin show was also fun!  Its been a long time since we've seen dolphins in action.

After all the walking, we were run down and hungry.  We headed back to the hotel to shower and prepare for our dinner at Massimmo's Italian restaurant.  The view was beautiful!  I enjoyed dinner, but hubby and baby girl didn't.  I like to try new things and unfortunately the other 2 don't - and there wasn't much on the menu that they liked.  Baby girl had Ceasar Salad, hubby had Minestrone soup and I had Linguine Carbonara.