Skip to main content

2nd & Last Day in VA :)

OK, took me long enough but here goes.......

Not sure if I mentioned it earlier, but this was a spur of the moment trip and wasn't really planned until a week prior. That being said, we didn't want to spend a lot on a hotel room so we found the Econo Lodge in Williamsburg for about $50 per night. The hotel room was clean but nothing impressive. No indoor pool and extremely hard beds :( So, we decided to check out Saturday morning-we had 2 nights in these beds and it was horrible! I really missed my bed!

We were up early since we had to go for breakfast and then get to Lee Hall Mansion for the Easter Egg Hunt! My daughter so super excited!! This is her first egg hunt-I do it at home and its just her & her brother but this time it was her & a ton of other kids! We went for breakfast first at the IHop-typical breakfast & in 30 minutes we were at Lee Hall. There were so many other kids and the people there played there parts well-we had stepped back into the mid-Victorian era! They called out my daughters age group and we started walking-then all of a sudden I see my daughter set off running! I had no clue what happened! LOL, without notice the egg hunt had begun and kids were running all over the place grabbing all the eggs they could find. I was running after my daughter trying to take some pictures, LOL!!

The hunt was over as quickly as it started!  On the way out we saw a little girl, she must have been 2 years old, who was in tears :(  Poor baby didn't get any eggs, each time she went for one, an older kid would grab it!  My daughter, surprisingly, went over to her and gave her 2 of her eggs &  the little girl smiled and thanked her.  The mom thought it was the cutest thing ever!  That was so generous & unselfish of my baby girl to do that, so proud of her :)
Now we are back in the car looking through all the brochures I picked up at the hotel to find something else to do.  Again, we wanted to keep it inexpensive so I came across 2 military museums that were either free of charge and very low charge.

The first stop was at the Virginia War Museum. Admission was only $6 per adult, $4 per child 7-18 and kids under 7 were free....this was GREAT!! $16 for a museum visit that my son was going to love, not to mention daddy would love it too ;)  The museum was full of so many artifacts from previous wars...everything from weapons & uniforms to the vehicles!  My son was in awe!

Right after the picture above, my daughter got sick & I had to run, yes run in this quiet museum, to the bathroom so she could puke in the toilet instead of the floor!  Fortunately, we made it to the bathroom where she let it all out--too many chocolates from the egg hunt :/ 
After that, she drank water & felt better, so we kept going.

The things we saw in here were truly amazing!  Makes want to go back into the history books to refresh my memory, being that I daydreamed through the majority of my history classes!
Next stop was Ft. Eustis Army Transportation Museum.  The admission here was free, but donations were welcome.  When we arrived, I realized we were driving on to a military base! I hadn't realized that this museum was actually on the Ft. Eustis army base, and since it was on the base we had to go through security check!  We all got out of the car, they let my daughter stay in because she was asleep, and they went around the car with metal/bomb detectors!  The guards there were nice, ofcourse the first question was what is the purpose of the visit and the rest was just friendly talk.  They found it amusing we were from Jersey-Do you go to the Jersey Shore?  LOL, yeah we do!!!
After this, we got back in the car and took a 2 minute drive to the museum.  This museum was just as nice, but had so much more!  Again, my son enjoyed every second of it!

All of the vehicles in this museum were used at one point, some have come back from wars and rest here for all to see.  This museum was really educational, as was the VA War Museum, and both really make you appreciate everything our military does to protect our freedom!  This turned out to be a great trip.
I, ofcourse, couldn't walk away without souvenirs, so my son got a t-shirt, my daughter got a pinwheel(had nothing to do with the trip) and I got a pen plus some postcards!
Now it was time to head home.  Stopped for a bite to eat & then began our 6 hour drive back home!
Sleeping in an uncomfortable hotel bed for 2 nights made me appreciate my bed and I was looking forward to getting home & going straight to bed.....which was exactly what happened!!!


Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Detour!!!!

So we are up & out of my dad's house by 7am.  It was hard and I tried to leave quickly, my poor baby girl even cried-I felt soooo bad for her.  Usually I'm the only one crying, but she really didn't want to leave :(  So,  we said goodbye-hope to be back soon (permanently) and we drove off!
About an hour out, we stopped for breakfast and had to practically make a run for it, LOL! There were like 20 buses full of kids!! By the time we got inside, the Dunkin Doughnuts line was like a mile long-ugh, there goes my coffee!  So we had no other choice but to eat burgers at Wendy's, everything else had super long lines that we didn't want to wait on!
We grabbed our burgers and left.  A little while later Laz asks me if I want to stop at Clearwater Aquarium.  At this point, I'm not 100% sure-I was sad about leaving & felt like just being home to calculate & come up with good, concrete reasons to move to Florida.  On the other hand, I really wasn't looking…

New Week~New Program

Here we go!!  I took a week off to regroup and decide what to do next.  I really have to say that having Beach Body on Demand is the BEST!!!

There are so many programs and nutrition plans to follow.  So since I recently completed Transform 20, I was thinking of doing it again, but I've been curious about 80 Day Obsession for quite some time.  I haven't attempted this program because at first, I felt it wasn't for me.  The workouts are longer than I'm used to and the timed nutrition is challenging for me, but I finally let curiosity get the best of me.  I'm going to give it a shot!

I started Sunday with my meal prep!  I was a bit overwhelmed at first, but I followed the sample nutrition plan and was able to get my shopping list and meals put together.

So for my first week, I have every meal planned out.  Not prepared, since I'd rather make my eggs for breakfast fresh each morning.  Most of my meals have been prepped!

My days are set to begin at 4:30AM with my sh…

Weekend Trip to Niagara Falls, Canada~Part 2

Here is our 2nd day in Niagara Falls.  We started our morning with breakfast in the hotel restaurant.  After breakfast we headed over to Marineland.  This park was nothing spectacular, but it was a nice little trip.  We saw a dolphin show, saw several other animals, killer whales, fed Beluga whales and rode 1 or 2 rides.  Again, nothing spectacular but it was fun.  A lot of walking, and our favorite part was feeding the beluga whales - they were so cute!
The dolphin show was also fun!  Its been a long time since we've seen dolphins in action.

After all the walking, we were run down and hungry.  We headed back to the hotel to shower and prepare for our dinner at Massimmo's Italian restaurant.  The view was beautiful!  I enjoyed dinner, but hubby and baby girl didn't.  I like to try new things and unfortunately the other 2 don't - and there wasn't much on the menu that they liked.  Baby girl had Ceasar Salad, hubby had Minestrone soup and I had Linguine Carbonara.