Skip to main content

Halloween Party to Recital...What a Weekend!!!

Saying this has been a busy weekend for me would be an understatement!  LOL, I'm used to being busy but this weekend I got very little sleep-I don't know how I got through Sunday.  So when I received the official message from the schools saying that they would be closed on Monday, I was jumping for joy!!!  Now, lets start in the beginning.....

Halloween is on Wednesday, so this weekend was our opportunity to party!!  Some friends were hosting a Halloween Party at a club, Columbus 72, so we got a babysitter(my sister-in-law; lol) and went to party.  It isn't often that we get a night out, very difficult to find babysitting now so a night out for just the two of us happens once, maybe twice a year.  Saturday began with groceries, last minute shopping for my daughter's recital, then dropping off the kids at my sister-in-law's house to spend the night.  Once we were back home, it was time to get ready.  We dressed up as Hawk Eye and Black Widow....fairly easy costumes.  I just needed to try to curl my hair, it was already dyed auburn, put on my green contacts and do my make-up.  Hubby just need to get dressed....its so easy for men.....anyway, when we were finally ready we headed to our friend's house for some pre-party drinks....took some pics and then we were on our way to the club.

It was an awesome night of fun, dancing and drinking.....and I drank!  Not as much as others, but enough that by 1 am I was feeling really out of it & sleepy.  I am such a lite weight, lol, but I don't get crazy or, no, not me people.....I get sleepy!! Oh, and I also get the giggles....sleepy & happy, that's me-I will laugh at anything, I will laugh and you won't even know what I'm laughing at.  Eventually we got home, since I didn't want to fall asleep at the club, and I don't remember much else except that I slept like a baby :)

At 6 am the next morning, hubby woke up to go pick up the kids at his sister's.  Thank God he let me sleep, by 9 am they were back and with breakfast, yay!!!  I got out of bed-with a horrible headache, ate, showered and went on to do my hair, make-up and then my daughter's hair & make-up.  I double checked all of the costumes and accessories and we left.  We arrived at  the Park Theater at noon, and I set up our spot in the dressing area.  The show started at 1 pm and it started with the graduation, then awards for all of the students from the academy and this is where I run backstage to change my daughter into her first costume.  

Ballet first...

After ballet, it was Jazz......



Hip Hop....

Another Jazz dance....

and finally Salsa!!

The show was 6 hours long, but it was a great show!!!  I was exhausted by the end of the night but it was finally over and we went to grab some food and went straight home to watch The Walking Dead! LOL!

Aside from the lack of sleep, I really enjoyed this weekend...watching my baby girl dance her heart out and hubby and I having a great time dressing up and partying with friends!  Can't wait to do it again!!!

This morning I slept until 9:30 am but stayed in bed until 10 am, and I'm still tired.  I could go get cozy under the covers again, but we've been taking down the window air conditioners and getting ready for Hurricane Sandy, which from the sounds I'm hearing its here!!!  The wind out there is crazy!!!  Luckily, we still have power so hopefully we will make it through this without a problem, even though hubby already has the generator ready in case we do lose power.  So for now, I am happy that thanks to this storm the kids had no school so there was no 5 am wake up call and we were all able to rest.  I really needed this, I slept, we ordered Chinese take-out and have been watching the news and movies.  Nice and relaxing day!


Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Detour!!!!

So we are up & out of my dad's house by 7am.  It was hard and I tried to leave quickly, my poor baby girl even cried-I felt soooo bad for her.  Usually I'm the only one crying, but she really didn't want to leave :(  So,  we said goodbye-hope to be back soon (permanently) and we drove off!
About an hour out, we stopped for breakfast and had to practically make a run for it, LOL! There were like 20 buses full of kids!! By the time we got inside, the Dunkin Doughnuts line was like a mile long-ugh, there goes my coffee!  So we had no other choice but to eat burgers at Wendy's, everything else had super long lines that we didn't want to wait on!
We grabbed our burgers and left.  A little while later Laz asks me if I want to stop at Clearwater Aquarium.  At this point, I'm not 100% sure-I was sad about leaving & felt like just being home to calculate & come up with good, concrete reasons to move to Florida.  On the other hand, I really wasn't looking…

New Week~New Program

Here we go!!  I took a week off to regroup and decide what to do next.  I really have to say that having Beach Body on Demand is the BEST!!!

There are so many programs and nutrition plans to follow.  So since I recently completed Transform 20, I was thinking of doing it again, but I've been curious about 80 Day Obsession for quite some time.  I haven't attempted this program because at first, I felt it wasn't for me.  The workouts are longer than I'm used to and the timed nutrition is challenging for me, but I finally let curiosity get the best of me.  I'm going to give it a shot!

I started Sunday with my meal prep!  I was a bit overwhelmed at first, but I followed the sample nutrition plan and was able to get my shopping list and meals put together.

So for my first week, I have every meal planned out.  Not prepared, since I'd rather make my eggs for breakfast fresh each morning.  Most of my meals have been prepped!

My days are set to begin at 4:30AM with my sh…

Weekend Trip to Niagara Falls, Canada~Part 2

Here is our 2nd day in Niagara Falls.  We started our morning with breakfast in the hotel restaurant.  After breakfast we headed over to Marineland.  This park was nothing spectacular, but it was a nice little trip.  We saw a dolphin show, saw several other animals, killer whales, fed Beluga whales and rode 1 or 2 rides.  Again, nothing spectacular but it was fun.  A lot of walking, and our favorite part was feeding the beluga whales - they were so cute!
The dolphin show was also fun!  Its been a long time since we've seen dolphins in action.

After all the walking, we were run down and hungry.  We headed back to the hotel to shower and prepare for our dinner at Massimmo's Italian restaurant.  The view was beautiful!  I enjoyed dinner, but hubby and baby girl didn't.  I like to try new things and unfortunately the other 2 don't - and there wasn't much on the menu that they liked.  Baby girl had Ceasar Salad, hubby had Minestrone soup and I had Linguine Carbonara.