Skip to main content

Menu planning & Work

A new week has begun. Wish I could say that I've been busy at work but nah--not really. There isn't much work & since I'm still in training I can't do much else. What upsets me the most is that my whole personal life has been disrupted. I have so much down time at work that I can't help but think about what I could be doing if I were home-cleaning, paying bills, budgeting our checkbook, cooking & much more! This is so aggravating, but I will have to deal with it & keep pushing forward. I just hope things get better or change for the better real soon.

My menu planning has also been forgotten, I have no time to plan or cook. I am left with having to depend on hubby to cook. I leave out someone to defrost & he cooks it later in the afternoon. These are all easy meals that he doesn't mind doing. He wouldn't be too happy cooking a new meal or something that requires a lot of ingredients. He's great though! It's morning I cooked the sauce base for our shrimp. He made rice and heated the sauce, added the shrimp and after a few minutes, voila! Dinner is served! I appreciate everything he does, he really tries, but part of me feels depressed because I can't do everything that I was doing before. I really need to learn how to balance everything in my life. I should start with learning how to cook a week's worth of meals in one day! I've read other mom's stories about this, I really should try it out.

I've got 30 minutes left of watching my daughter in her gymnastics class, then it's back home to clean up, try to run for 30 min & spend time with my hubby. Then finally get some much needed sleep!

How do you working moms balance your lives? I just can't find the time for everything!


Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Detour!!!!

So we are up & out of my dad's house by 7am.  It was hard and I tried to leave quickly, my poor baby girl even cried-I felt soooo bad for her.  Usually I'm the only one crying, but she really didn't want to leave :(  So,  we said goodbye-hope to be back soon (permanently) and we drove off!
About an hour out, we stopped for breakfast and had to practically make a run for it, LOL! There were like 20 buses full of kids!! By the time we got inside, the Dunkin Doughnuts line was like a mile long-ugh, there goes my coffee!  So we had no other choice but to eat burgers at Wendy's, everything else had super long lines that we didn't want to wait on!
We grabbed our burgers and left.  A little while later Laz asks me if I want to stop at Clearwater Aquarium.  At this point, I'm not 100% sure-I was sad about leaving & felt like just being home to calculate & come up with good, concrete reasons to move to Florida.  On the other hand, I really wasn't looking…

New Week~New Program

Here we go!!  I took a week off to regroup and decide what to do next.  I really have to say that having Beach Body on Demand is the BEST!!!

There are so many programs and nutrition plans to follow.  So since I recently completed Transform 20, I was thinking of doing it again, but I've been curious about 80 Day Obsession for quite some time.  I haven't attempted this program because at first, I felt it wasn't for me.  The workouts are longer than I'm used to and the timed nutrition is challenging for me, but I finally let curiosity get the best of me.  I'm going to give it a shot!

I started Sunday with my meal prep!  I was a bit overwhelmed at first, but I followed the sample nutrition plan and was able to get my shopping list and meals put together.

So for my first week, I have every meal planned out.  Not prepared, since I'd rather make my eggs for breakfast fresh each morning.  Most of my meals have been prepped!

My days are set to begin at 4:30AM with my sh…

Weekend Trip to Niagara Falls, Canada~Part 2

Here is our 2nd day in Niagara Falls.  We started our morning with breakfast in the hotel restaurant.  After breakfast we headed over to Marineland.  This park was nothing spectacular, but it was a nice little trip.  We saw a dolphin show, saw several other animals, killer whales, fed Beluga whales and rode 1 or 2 rides.  Again, nothing spectacular but it was fun.  A lot of walking, and our favorite part was feeding the beluga whales - they were so cute!
The dolphin show was also fun!  Its been a long time since we've seen dolphins in action.

After all the walking, we were run down and hungry.  We headed back to the hotel to shower and prepare for our dinner at Massimmo's Italian restaurant.  The view was beautiful!  I enjoyed dinner, but hubby and baby girl didn't.  I like to try new things and unfortunately the other 2 don't - and there wasn't much on the menu that they liked.  Baby girl had Ceasar Salad, hubby had Minestrone soup and I had Linguine Carbonara.