Skip to main content

2016 Super Prep Baseball Tournament~ April 7-9th

Here we go, our first baseball trip of the year.  Now I say the first because there have been years where we've taken multiple trips.  This year may be different and this may be the only baseball trip we take, so I'm glad we did take it.
The highschool team was going to attend the 2016 Super Prep Series in Louisville, KY.  It was exciting, especially for these boys who have never travelled out of the state as a team.

My son was leaving on the bus with his school, but me & hubby had to work.  So, we went to work earlier than usual and got on the road by 1pm.  

The look of exhaustion~only been on the road for 10 minutes!

Road trips are exhausting, but I really do enjoy seeing new places and nature along the way.  I always keep my camera or phone handy for random pics like these.....

We stopped in West Virginia for a much needed bathroom break!

I was beyond exhausted....

We arrived at the hotel a bit after midnight.  We stayed at the Ramada Plaza Louisville Hotel & Conference Center  
We stayed in the King Bed Hot Tub Suite, and OMG...the hot tub was HUGE!!  Not only was it huge, but it was the first thing you saw when you walked in the room.  I wasn't thrilled about it being in the living room area, but hey, atleast we had a hot tub.  I was really looking forward to soaking in there and enjoying one of my Lush Bathbombs!

The boys arrived after 3AM, and once I got confirmation that they had arrived, I was able to fall asleep!!

The next day we didn't have to get up too early, but since their game was scheduled for 3pm, we all wanted to check out the Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory

First stop was in Ripley's Museum...

Everyone had a good time in here...

Next stop was a short film and then a tour of the factory.  The tour was nice and full of information from how the bats are made, types of wood & finishes, to how many bats are ordered for major league baseball players - Amazing!!

There were no pictures allowed during the factory tour, but after we were back out on the museum floor and here we were able to take more pictures

My favorite spot was the Women in Baseball area!

The museum & factory were lots of fun, and would be a great stop for anyone, not just baseball lovers!
This town looked very nice as well, and I wished we would've had some time to explore some more but we had to head back to the hotel so the boys can get ready to play ball!

The first game was held at Ballard High School.  It was a chilly day and there were some light showers, but they played and we watched!

Since my son is a pitcher only, and this wasn't his game, he didn't play.  We still enjoyed most of the game, until the rain/snow came in.  
Memorial lost this game to Riverdale: final score 3-14

Back to the hotel we went, this time to get ready for dinner.  We went to Applebee's with the team, had a quick dinner and headed to Walmart to buy blankets for the next day.  It was that cold!!

Back in our room, baby girl put on her bathing suit and tested out the hot tub first.  I tried to convince her to go to the pool, but she said it was too crowded and feeling a bit shy, so she wouldn't get in.
Hot tub with a Lush Bomb wins!

Next morning we were back at it.  10AM game at Fern Creek High School. This second game was pitched by another player, so my son didn't play.  We just sat back, cheered for the team and took pictures - all while trying to keep warm.

This wasn't for us, but this high school's mascot is also a tiger, so I just had to....LOL!

This game was also a loss against Champaign Central - final score: 1-2

We had a couple hours for lunch, so we found the nearest Taco Bell and went to grab lunch. 

The 3rd, and final game was for my son to pitch.  

Somewhere in the middle of the game, they pulled him out and they finished with another pitcher.  This game would also be a loss to Lincoln Way North - final score: 2-4

My son was not happy - her really hates losing but it was a great experience for all of them.  These teams were not easy so it showed them that they just had to work harder to get better.

The team returned to the bus after this game and headed back home.  We didn't want to driver overnight again, so we stayed 1 more night.

We had dinner at our favorite place: Cracker Barrel and then went back to our room to pack!

We were up at 3AM the next morning - our favorite time to get up and hit the road, even though waking up is sooooo painful, LOL

I caught the beautiful sunrise.....

  working & yes, eating a Snickers bar...smh

and we stopped to check this out....

and when we were finally home, we surprised our son with his souvenior from the Louisville Slugger museum....

This was a great and memorable weekend!  I'd love to go back to Louisville someday and plan out sightseeing in other really was beautiful!


Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Detour!!!!

So we are up & out of my dad's house by 7am.  It was hard and I tried to leave quickly, my poor baby girl even cried-I felt soooo bad for her.  Usually I'm the only one crying, but she really didn't want to leave :(  So,  we said goodbye-hope to be back soon (permanently) and we drove off!
About an hour out, we stopped for breakfast and had to practically make a run for it, LOL! There were like 20 buses full of kids!! By the time we got inside, the Dunkin Doughnuts line was like a mile long-ugh, there goes my coffee!  So we had no other choice but to eat burgers at Wendy's, everything else had super long lines that we didn't want to wait on!
We grabbed our burgers and left.  A little while later Laz asks me if I want to stop at Clearwater Aquarium.  At this point, I'm not 100% sure-I was sad about leaving & felt like just being home to calculate & come up with good, concrete reasons to move to Florida.  On the other hand, I really wasn't looking…

Weekend Trip to Niagara Falls, Canada~Part 2

Here is our 2nd day in Niagara Falls.  We started our morning with breakfast in the hotel restaurant.  After breakfast we headed over to Marineland.  This park was nothing spectacular, but it was a nice little trip.  We saw a dolphin show, saw several other animals, killer whales, fed Beluga whales and rode 1 or 2 rides.  Again, nothing spectacular but it was fun.  A lot of walking, and our favorite part was feeding the beluga whales - they were so cute!
The dolphin show was also fun!  Its been a long time since we've seen dolphins in action.

After all the walking, we were run down and hungry.  We headed back to the hotel to shower and prepare for our dinner at Massimmo's Italian restaurant.  The view was beautiful!  I enjoyed dinner, but hubby and baby girl didn't.  I like to try new things and unfortunately the other 2 don't - and there wasn't much on the menu that they liked.  Baby girl had Ceasar Salad, hubby had Minestrone soup and I had Linguine Carbonara.

Cooking Corner: Cookbook Challenge Day 1

Hi everyone!  I'm starting April with a little challenge for myself.  You are all welcome to join if you choose.  I have a rather large collection of recipes that I've never tried and since I started to declutter my life of things I don't need, this is one area that needs help. What do I need so many cookbooks and binders of recipes for? I don't know - it just takes up space and it's another thing for me to clean.  So, I decided that if I can't find good recipes that we love, there is no point in keeping the book or recipe.  I attempted this challenge a few years ago but never followed through.  This time, I intend to stick with it.
Here's my challenge:
Pick a book a month and try some recipes.
Decide what we like and what we don't.
If I have at least 15 recipes that we like, the book stays.  If not, I'll just copy the few recipes we liked and get rid of the book.
Not sure what I'll do with the book yet.  I'll figure it out at the end of th…