Skip to main content

Disney....Here We Come!!

5 AM - Time to get up!!  I have to admit, I was exhausted but sooooo excited too!!  Both hubby and I got up first to get ready, then we woke up the kids and loaded up the car while the kids got ready.

About 30 - 45 minutes later we were off!  In 2-3 hours we would be arriving in Disney!!  The excitement was really hard to contain....LOL!!

We stopped at Pop Century first to check in.  When we checked in, I realized that they had given me a room with a King Bed.  That wasn't going to work because, my daughter and son would be staying with us.  My daughter was booked to stay with other girls from her dance school, but it was decided later on that she would sleep in our room instead!  My son was not supposed to come with us to Disney, but last minute changes forced him to come along we needed to be switched to a room with double beds.  I didn't have time to go back and make the change because we had breakfast reservations at O'hana so I would just take care of this after breakfast!

We arrived at the Polynesian for breakfast.  I love stopping at this is soooo pretty & tropical!!  This place is at the top of my bucket list of Disney resorts to stay in....even if only for 1 night!

We made our way to check in, and only waited for about 5 minutes.  We were quickly seated and told what to expect.  This was our first time eating here so I wasn't sure about anything.  The server brought us a basket of Hawaiin welcome bread, our drinks and offered us their signature juice (P.O.G - passion fruit, orange and guava juice) to try - I loved it, so that is all I drank.  Few minutes later came a fruit platter and then the big breakfast platter...WOW!!  Scrambled Eggs, Mickey Waffles, Fried Potatoes with Carmelized Onions & Scallions, The Pork Offerings – Sausage Links & Bacon and finally biscuits!! Delish!!

The fruit was eaten slowly by me and the kids, but never refilled.  Now, the scrambled eggs, waffles and bacon had to be refilled because that flew!!  We were very hungry :)

In between bites, the characters started showing up - first was Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and finally Stitch!  The only one that my daughter was really dying to see.

Pluto being silly as always.....Love it!!

Lilo like my son's long hair.....LOL

Stitch is baby girl's all time favorite and she was so happy to finally meet him.  Sadly, we forgot to bring an autograph book :(  but we got great pictures!

After breakfast we returned to the resort, and first thing I did was go to the front desk to change our room.  The front desk was really great!  They looked and found me a room that was ready so I didn't have to wait until 3pm.  We went to the room, I unpacked while everyone else relaxed and settled in.

The room was standard value room....just what I'd expect.  It was very similar to the rooms at the All Star Resorts.

This was our view right outside our door~not bad!!

This wasn't the main pool, and we didn't go swimming here....all the kids went to the main pool!

By 11am, we were back in the lobby to meet up with the Dance School.  My daughter needed to have 2 french braids done and I suck at braiding hair.  So, we definitely had to be down there early so one of the other moms can do it for me.

These girls were being so silly.....they were all so happy.  This wasn't only a great experience in their dancing careers, but it was a chance to spend time with their friends in the Happiest Place on Earth!!

My daughter and her friends were done early and we still had to wait for the rest of the girls, so they went to the arcade room for some fun and games while they waited.

LOL - a little photo booth fun!

Once everyone was there, they were all set up for a group picture.......

and then they were off to their rehearsal at Fantasia Gardens!

Hubby and I were left alone - my son had absolutely no intentions of going to any parks.  He stayed in the room relaxing and playing his xbox, and I knew this would happen from the beginning.  That's why I planned lunch for me & hubby....but first some pics!!

After a few pics in front of Pop, we headed over to the Beach Club Resort.  I had made lunch reservations at Beaches & Cream.  I've been dying to stop here for lunch, and I finally got my chance!
I ordered a cherry could I not.....look at how good & refreshing it looks!

I ordered a grilled cheese with tomato was so good!  And hubby ordered himself a burger!


Now since we are at Beaches & Cream, they are famously known for their icecream sundaes so we had to leave room for dessert!!  We ordered a Brownie a la Mode to was soooo good.  It was a good sized serving...there is no way I'd be able to finish that by myself!

After lunch, we still had plenty of time so we walked over to Epcot.

so we got to Italy, and stopped for some pictures!

My guy setting up the camera....LOL

We passed by China.....more pics :)

In Japan, I decided to order the Blood Orange Saki was really good on this hot day!!

I had to stop in the Christmas store ( my favorite Holiday)

As we went by France, I stopped at one of the kiosk and brought another Orange Slushy.  Frozen drinks are the best during these hot summer days in the parks!!

We didn't walk through all the countries because we got a text from baby girl saying they had finished we had to leave!

We picked her up, stopped at the food court so she can eat....

then she changed and we headed to Hollywood Studios!

Being big Star Wars fans, we were so excited to check out the new Star Wars Launch Bay!!

We got on line to meet Chewbacca.....and got to see so many things from the movies!

We had a great first day, we rode many rides and were able to enjoy 2 parks in 1 day!  We got back to our room to relax and get to bed because we had an early morning tomorrow!!

Tomorrow is showtime!!

This trip report is going to be in several posts, so here you will find links to everything:


Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Detour!!!!

So we are up & out of my dad's house by 7am.  It was hard and I tried to leave quickly, my poor baby girl even cried-I felt soooo bad for her.  Usually I'm the only one crying, but she really didn't want to leave :(  So,  we said goodbye-hope to be back soon (permanently) and we drove off!
About an hour out, we stopped for breakfast and had to practically make a run for it, LOL! There were like 20 buses full of kids!! By the time we got inside, the Dunkin Doughnuts line was like a mile long-ugh, there goes my coffee!  So we had no other choice but to eat burgers at Wendy's, everything else had super long lines that we didn't want to wait on!
We grabbed our burgers and left.  A little while later Laz asks me if I want to stop at Clearwater Aquarium.  At this point, I'm not 100% sure-I was sad about leaving & felt like just being home to calculate & come up with good, concrete reasons to move to Florida.  On the other hand, I really wasn't looking…

Weekend Trip to Niagara Falls, Canada~Part 2

Here is our 2nd day in Niagara Falls.  We started our morning with breakfast in the hotel restaurant.  After breakfast we headed over to Marineland.  This park was nothing spectacular, but it was a nice little trip.  We saw a dolphin show, saw several other animals, killer whales, fed Beluga whales and rode 1 or 2 rides.  Again, nothing spectacular but it was fun.  A lot of walking, and our favorite part was feeding the beluga whales - they were so cute!
The dolphin show was also fun!  Its been a long time since we've seen dolphins in action.

After all the walking, we were run down and hungry.  We headed back to the hotel to shower and prepare for our dinner at Massimmo's Italian restaurant.  The view was beautiful!  I enjoyed dinner, but hubby and baby girl didn't.  I like to try new things and unfortunately the other 2 don't - and there wasn't much on the menu that they liked.  Baby girl had Ceasar Salad, hubby had Minestrone soup and I had Linguine Carbonara.

New Week~New Program

Here we go!!  I took a week off to regroup and decide what to do next.  I really have to say that having Beach Body on Demand is the BEST!!!

There are so many programs and nutrition plans to follow.  So since I recently completed Transform 20, I was thinking of doing it again, but I've been curious about 80 Day Obsession for quite some time.  I haven't attempted this program because at first, I felt it wasn't for me.  The workouts are longer than I'm used to and the timed nutrition is challenging for me, but I finally let curiosity get the best of me.  I'm going to give it a shot!

I started Sunday with my meal prep!  I was a bit overwhelmed at first, but I followed the sample nutrition plan and was able to get my shopping list and meals put together.

So for my first week, I have every meal planned out.  Not prepared, since I'd rather make my eggs for breakfast fresh each morning.  Most of my meals have been prepped!

My days are set to begin at 4:30AM with my sh…